Qualifications for K50 Applicants
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Co-Founder Status: The applicant must be a co-founder of the company
- Age Limit: She or he must have been under the age of 26 at the time the company was founded
- Working Product/Prototype: Each company must have a product or prototype that can be demoed at the time of submission
- Business Model: Must clearly fit one of the following two categories:
- Rethinking the underlying business model, or a paradigm shift in consumer experience
- Kairos Global Summit Attendance: Winners are expected to attend the invite-only Kairos 50 summit, where they will have the opportunity to showcase their product to a group of CEOs, government leaders, and investors. Co-founders may join on a space-available basis.
- Fundraising: Companies must be early stage startups that have raised outside capital
- Regulation: No health-related products that need FDA 2 Clearance (equivalent in Europe, etc.)
- References: Applicants must have a minimum of two references to give feedback to Kairos on their team, progress, and product
Timing and Process
Applications and nominations are reviewed on a monthly basis starting October 31st. Companies not selected will be reconsidered the following month with the opportunity for the founder to provide additional details. A maximum of 50 companies will be selected per year.
If accepted, you will be notified immediately. However, there will be a media embargo until all companies are selected.
If selected, companies will have the opportunity to access the Kairos ecosystem, including our global CEO and investor base, the Kairos 50 alumni, our invite-only experiences, and the Kairos 50 summit. All applications and interviews must be processed by May 1st, 2018 at latest.